Terug naar er op uit in friesland
During the day, you might not think much about what you can see at night, but there’s a wealth of amazing things to see if you look carefully. Although it’s not just about looking… Because your eyes don’t work as well in the dark, you’ll notice your other senses taking over! The silence around you is breathtaking. The roof of stars over your head is dizzyingly large, making you feel very small and insignificant. Hey, wow, what was that, did a bat just fly by? They’re difficult to spot, but definitely there, these nocturnal animals who are just as curious about us as we are about them.
Nowhere is the night so dark and the silence as pure and impressive as here in Friesland. If you observe the night from the water, you are treated to the extra dimension of its reflection in the water’s surface. Let the night embrace you, and let yourself be carried away by the magic and vastness of a light show of stars that seems to have been specially designed just for you.
''Stop for a moment and observe the ''
Experience the night:
- Go night sailing at aldefeanen.com;
- Find a nice spot along the coast;
- The observatory is located in the Observeum in Burgum;
- Lauwersmeer is officially a Dark Skypark;
- You can often enjoy great views from where you’re staying, too.
- Don’t forget to check out the ‘Night of the Night’ events in October!
- For more, see www.eropuitinfriesland.nl/darksky